[Paraview] pqViewManager in Clone2

Adebayo Olowoyeye aolowoye at umail.iu.edu
Thu Mar 18 10:22:18 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am attempting to use the Clone2 CustomApplication example to write a
custom application in C++.  The wiki documentation on Custom Applications
suggest using pqViewManager to control the view of the application.

I want to split the frame into four different windows, each with its own
view.  I am assuming the program starts with one frame and one view.  Is
this assumption correct?

I reference the pqViewManager with the following code:
       this->Internals->MultiViewManager

the active view (I'm guessing the only view at this point is):
       pqView* view = this->Internals->MultiViewManager->getActiveView();

This problem is there are no public methods to split the frame in
pqViewManager.  It is possible to get the pqMultiViewFrame:
        pqMultiViewFrame * multiViewFrame =
this->Internals->MultiViewManager->getFrame(view);

I've tested this by:
        multiViewFrame->setTitle("HELLO WORLD!");

and it works, but I've tried multiple tries to get the frame to split
without success.  Any insight will help.
Thanks!