[Paraview] how Python interact with ParaView

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Thu Mar 18 09:12:41 EDT 2010

I'm working on doing in situ viz with paraview and have committed some beta
code into the paraview repository.  The code is in ParaView3/CoProcessing if
you want to look at it.  You can turn it on by setting the
paraview_enable_coprocessing cmake variable to on.  It uses python to set up
the pipelines for you in the coprocessing libraries.  You can also build
paraview with PARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_CoProcessingScriptGenerator which will
create a plugin to create the python scripts for coprocessing.  We have this
working and are in the processing of getting performance numbers on some
supercomputers with a parallel cfd code but everything is still a bit
sparsely documented.  If you're interested I can give you more details.

Andy