[Paraview] paraview won't read plot3D files

Rick Burnes rick.burnes at mchsi.com
Wed Mar 17 19:54:03 EDT 2010

Yes, I have also generated an ASCII plot3D file, which I can get
paraview to read.  However, paraview does not correctly interpret the
grid file.  The geometry I create with my simple Fortran code is a
cube.  Paraview successfully reads both the ASCII grid and data files,
but when I view it in paraview the geometry is incorrect.  Tecplot
does not have this problem with the same grid and data files.  I am
interested in any suggestions on the right combination of options to
choose when reading this plot3D file into paraview, but I have not
been able to find the correct combination of options to read a plot3D
binary grid and data file.  In addition, since paraview does not
display the correct geometry when I have it read an ASCII version of
the same grid and data plot3D files I believe there is more to this
than just choosing the right options.

There are a number of different plot3D formats and I have tried
reading a number of these into paraview, all with the same results.

Sincerely,
Rick