[Paraview] Spreadsheet View and Selection - Bug

Christian Werner christian.werner at rwth-aachen.de
Wed Mar 10 04:26:09 EST 2010

Hello!

I am doing the nice Paraview Tutorial. I have to say it is a very
comprehensive and well writting starter. However during the Exercise
2.19 "The Spreadsheet View and Selection" I encountered some strange
behaviour of ParaView. This holds for Version 3.6.2. and a one or two
weeks old 3.7 cvs version.

It should be easily reproducable. I just load the example data set
(can.ex2), split the view and create the spreadheet viewer in the new
view. Then I select Attribute: Cell Data and select some cells. Then,
when clicking back to the 3D view and directly back to the spreadsheet
view, Paraview automatically sets the Attribute to Point Data. That way,
all previously selections are lost. So it is not possible to select some
data in the spreadsheet, investigate this in 3d and switching back to
the data without losing the selection.
Now that I tried again I even end (ent?) up in a segmentation fault when
switching around cell/point data / spreadsheet / 3d view (version 3.7).

Or maybe I am doing something wrong?

Best regards,
Christian