[Paraview] Saving data plotted using PlotOverLine

pat marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Tue Mar 9 15:29:13 EST 2010

Hi Steve,

Is it possible you are using an older paraview?  The python code for
xycharts is relatively new.  Instead of CreateRenderView() you should have
CreateXYPlotView().  You shouldn't be calling

   DataRepresentation3.add_attribute('XArrayName','arc_length')

but just:

  DataRepresentation3.XArrayName = 'arc_length'

With the script you posted, DataRepresentation3 won't have the 'XArrayName'
attribute because you called Show when the active view was a render view,
not an XYPlotView.

Pat