[Paraview] [Paraview-developers] Development Install Tree

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Fri Mar 5 10:46:03 EST 2010

Hey Dave,

When building (and packaging) branded apps, is there any advantage to or difference between building against the development tree that's generated through this process vs a "non-installed" local ParaView build?

So far (on OS X 10.6.2) I've run into a couple problems building against the installed development tree {Oh, caveat, this is the CVS from 2010-03-03 because I had build errors when trying yesterday evening's code...}:

1. pq3DWidgetImplementation.cxx.in and pq3DWidgetImplementation.h.in are missing from [installRoot]/include/paraview-3.7/Qt/Components/

2. The library paths in the applications installed in [installRoot]/bin/ aren't correct, so when I try to build a branded app against this tree, the first thing I run into is:

dyld: Library not loaded: libvtkCommon.pv3.7.dylib
  Referenced from: /usr/local/ParaView/bin/kwProcessXML
  Reason: image not found

If I run "otool -L" on kwProcessXML (or on any app in that directory), the library paths don't point to the correct lib directories:

emo2:/usr/local/ParaView/bin> otool -L kwProcessXML
kwProcessXML:
	libvtkCommon.pv3.7.dylib (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)
	libvtksys.pv3.7.dylib (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)
	/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 123.0.0)
	/usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current version 7.9.0)

Thanks for all the good work,
-Eric

Eric E Monson
Duke Visualization Technology Group