[Paraview] Problems with the Plot Over Line Filter in PV 3.8.0

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Thu Jun 17 16:20:56 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 11:06 AM, Natalie Happenhofer <
nataliehapp at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi!
>
> Well, I'm using Windows XP, my graphics card is the Intel 82945G Express
> Chipset Family.
>
> The ParaView I'm using is located on a remote computer with Gentoo Linux,
> kernel version 2.6.31-gentoo-r6. I'm connecting via Putty, using the X11
> from Cygwin_NT 5.1.

This is certainly not a situation we are testing on our dashboards.

> Applying the Plot-Over-Line Filter, I get the errors
>
> X Error: GLXUnsupportedPrivateRequest 156
>   Extension:    149 (Uknown extension)
>   Minor opcode: 16 (Unknown request)
>   Resource id:  0x570

<snip>

> -) If I try to use the PlotOverLine Filter in PV 3.8.0 directly on the
> Linux machine, it works fine.
> -) Using the same data and the PlovOverLine of PV 3.6.2 it works fine with
> the X-Window.

The charts in 3.8.0 use OpenGL to render, whereas the charts in 3.6.2 were
using Qt to render. Could you open a bug report with these details, if you
send me the bug report number I will assign it to myself.

> I've checked the configuration of the X11 -variables in CMake, it seems to
> be ok (the same configuration as for PV 3.6.2).
>
> Does anyone have an idea what's going wrong?

The charts in 3.8.0 are a new implementation, rendering things in a very
different way. I am assuming the 3D widgets in ParaView are still working
normally? I will look into this, it is possible an extension that was
detected server side is being used client side (or similar). I have a laptop
and a desktop with the Intel chipset - I will see if I can reproduce the
failure.

Thanks,

Marcus