[Paraview] Singleton vtkObject multiple SMProxies

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Jun 17 09:21:57 EDT 2010

Utkarsh will probably say there is a better way to do it, but in the
mean time take a look at how that pattern is implemented for the
streaming applications.

There I used a singleton to store system wide options where things
like the number of render passes and the state of debug flags. Long
ago that state was right in the vtkPVProcessModule, but I eventually
moved it out of there and did it this more convoluted way so a not to
pollute the main application with streaming specific code.

See:
Applications/AdaptiveParaView/Plugin/
vtkAdaptiveOptions - the 'singleton', for which one exists on all
processes and all have identical contents
vtkSMAdaptiveOptionsProxy - the servermanager access to the above
pqGlobalAdaptiveViewOptions - one place in the GUI where the use can
change the contents
all over in that directory - code that uses the values in the singleton

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
28 Corporate Drive