[Paraview] Singleton vtkObject multiple SMProxies

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Thu Jun 17 06:26:19 EDT 2010

I have a singleton vtkObject, but multiple paraview panels and other items use it via proxies which are created independently.

I'd like changes in any one to be propagated to all, but need to connect the underlying vtkObject modified event to the proxies - the proxy doesn't seem to do this automatically. Is there a way to achive this? (is it possible to use a singleton SMproxy? that'd solve the problem I'm sure).

Secondly : I have a custom panel for the object, when I instantiate a filter with a proxyproperty
      <ProxyProperty name="SPHManager"
                     command="SetSPHManager">
        <ProxyGroupDomain name="groups">
          <Group name="meshless_helpers"/>
        </ProxyGroupDomain>
        <ProxyListDomain name="proxy_list">
          <Proxy group="meshless_helpers"
                 name="SPHManager" />
        </ProxyListDomain>
      </ProxyProperty>

it doesn't call the plugin to to try to create the panel. It works ok, for a panel that represents a whole filter. And it works for a panel for a widget (proxy property), but it doesn't work for an arbitrary proxyproperty. Is there a way to make it work?

thanks

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch