[Paraview] How to do volume rendering of image data?

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Jul 19 13:02:10 EDT 2010

The data you sent has RGB values but no alpha values that I can see.  Volume rendering is generally not very useful if you do not have some representation of opacity.  If you were to assume a homogeneous opacity, you would get a mostly black box with a blob of color in the middle if you looked hard enough.  How exactly you expect the volume renderer to behave?

-Ken