[Paraview] running paraview in parallel

Vishwa dagarshali at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 15:46:26 EST 2010

Thankyou all for responding again..:)

I tried to compile paraview and to only hit a wall after wall as I have to
install it to my local folder due to not having administrator privileges..

so i downloaded the binaries last night and checked that it worked..

Today to  my surprise, when i try to open paraview in the hpc headnode,
where i downloaded the binaries, it gives the following error..

[vishwa at hpc4 ~]$ paraview
> ERROR: In
> /home/kitware/ParaView-3.6/ParaView3/VTK/Rendering/vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx,
> line 632
> vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x143bb10): Cannot create GLX context.  Aborting.

and i dont' have /home/kitware etc...directory...so i dont understand what
is happening..

I made sure that i included the path of the bin and lib in the newly
downloaded binary..

Any suggestions?

Regards,
vishwa