[Paraview] running paraview in parallel

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Sat Feb 27 12:27:35 EST 2010

Currently you are not launching the server in reverse connection mode.  To launch the server in reverse connection mode, you need to give it the arguments -rc (or --reverse-connection) and --client-host=laptop.hostname.com.  When given these arguments, the server will immediately try to make a connection to laptop.hostname.com.  Thus, you first need to have your client running and waiting for the server to connect.  After getting things set up, you should eventually try to set up your client to automatically start the server with an ssh call and then wait for the server to connect back.

-Ken