[Paraview] running paraview in parallel

Vishwa dagarshali at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 11:11:20 EST 2010

Hi,
I would to visualize the data that is being computed on a hpc by using
pvserver and paraview.

i have come across a many documents saying how to connect and the one what i
thought might be appropriate in my case would to be to run pvserver on the
hpc and then connect to it usind server/client reverse connection from my
desktop..

here is the procedure that i use to connect to the hpc to submit job.

i log in to the head node via ssh john at a.b.c.d

i then submit my job using the the following script via qsub myscript

*#PBS
-lmem=2Gb,nodes=1:ppn=4,cput=24:00:00,walltime=24:00:00

cd $PBS_O_WORKDIR

cat ${PBS_NODEFILE} > node1
mpirun --machinefile ${PBS_NODEFILE} -np 4 pvserver
--use-offscreen-rendering -\
-server-port=11111 >log1*

in the node1 file, i get say node083 (and it is repeated 4 times)

I am not sure how to connect to this node say by running paraview from my
laptop to visualize that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Regards,
vishwa