[Paraview] Problem with fluent reader

Paul Edwards paul.m.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 05:45:38 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to read in a fluent dataset and paraview is throwing an exception
for reading beyond the bounds of the std::string.  The stack trace is as
follows:

vtkFluentReader::GetDataBufferDouble at vtkFLUENTReader.cxx:4029
vtkFluentReader::GetData at vtkFLUENTReader.cxx:4111
vtkFluentReader::ParseDataFile at vtkFLUENTReader.cxx:3948
vtkFluentReader::RequestInformation at vtkFLUENTReader.cxx:436

I don't know anything about the format (I tried just returning when the ptr
value was going out of bounds but this resulted in ParaView just allocating
more and more memory) so I'm not sure how to fix this.  Unfortunately I
can't provide the dataset but will run any tests if anyone can send a
suggestion for what to try.

Any help would be appreciated,
Paul