[Paraview] Using data in Calculator from multiple sources

Matthew Cragun mcragun at totalsim.us
Mon Feb 22 14:36:06 EST 2010

One other question:

If I take this one step further, is it possible to send the data at the
current time step to the PPF?

For example I have a mesh deforming in time (ob1) that is being compared to
a baseline with no time data (ob2).  All of the nodes are similar.  After
looking at some of the previous threads, it looks like I can access the data
for the temporal set with:

     ob1 = self.GetInputDataObject(0,0).GetTimeStep(0)
     ob2 = self.GetinputDataObject(0,1)
     some calculation of ob1.t0 and ob2

This hasn't seemed to work quite right however, as Paraview 3.6.2 doesn't
recognize the "GetTimeStep()" portion.  Are there any suggestions?

Also, in the end I would like to animate this.  Each time step, I would like
the PPF to update to the current time step.  So is it possible to say
something equivalent to:

     ob1 = self.GetInputDataObject(0,0).GetCurrentTimeStep()
     ob2 = self.GetinputDataObject(0,1)
     some calculation of ob1.tcurrent and ob2

Are there any recommended documentation resources for the Python api
available in the PPF?

Thanks,

Matt

--