[Paraview] name blocks or sets and export them in X3D files

Pierre JUILLARD pierre.juillard at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 13:18:13 EST 2010

Dear ParaView users,

I would like to know if it is possible to give names to blocks of data?

For instance, I created a box and a cone using the adequate sources.I used
then the "GroupDatasets" filters.
With the obtained multiblock dataset, may I keep distinction between the box
and the cone in ParaView, and may I give them a understandable name?

Basically, I would have liked when using the "extract blocks" filter having
displayed the name of the blocks for instance.
(I send you a picture of my test: the filter names box_and_cone is actually
a "group datasets" filter)

The need behind is actually to create a test data for X3D display.
Will then it be possible to export the data obtained as X3D file keeping
track of the objects as different ones (because in ParaView, they are
different blocks)?

I thank you in advance for your help.
Best regards,

Pierre