[Paraview] Running a pure data server

Brian Greiner beg at msic.dia.mil
Wed Feb 17 14:17:33 EST 2010

We are trying to set up a pure mpi data server with rendering only
taking place on a client.  I have been successful in building the mpi
version with references to the opengl libs that works on the interactive
machines (opengl is installed on the interactive machines) in our
cluster (running sles 11), but that limits me to 8 cpus.  I really want
to run on our main cluster with machines that do not have any opengl
libs, or x, or OSMesa at all because they have no graphics cards at all.

I have tried setting cmake paths to opengl and OSMesa to the appropriate
paths in my network home directory (h: drive on a netapp) where I built
mesa, but the pvserver I get from that build even when run with the
--disable-composite flag still tries to load up opengl on the server
machine rather than from my h: drive.

Is it possible to build so that pvserver does not try to use opengl or
OSMesa?  Or can I build in such a way that pvserver only needs the path
for opengl and OSMesa wrt my h: drive?

Vr,

Brian Greiner