[Paraview] paraview - client-server

pat marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Mon Feb 8 20:12:29 EST 2010

Actually I didn't write the notes at the hpc.mil link.

Here is something- and maybe this is the problem that Sean refers to- in
some cases, when I have set up a reverse ssh tunnel from login node to
workstation (command executed from workstation) then the forward does not
work when the compute node connects to the login node.  However, if I have
the compute node connect to the login node on port 33333, then use portfwd
to forward that to localhost:11111, where the ssh tunnel is listening on
port 11111, it works like a charm.  The portfwd tricks it into thinking the
connection is coming from localhost and allow the ssh tunnel to work.  Hope
that made a little sense...

Pat