[Paraview] paraview - client-server

burlen burlen.loring at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 13:26:13 EST 2010

So to be sure about what you're saying: Your .pvsc script ssh's to the
front end and submits a batch job which when it's scheduled , your batch
script creates a -R style tunnel and starts pvserver using PV reverse
connection. ? or are you using portfwd or a second ssh session to
establish the tunnel ?

If you're doing this all from your .pvsc script without a second ssh
session and/or portfwd that's awesome! I haven't been able to script
this, something about the batch system prevents the tunnel created
within the batch job's ssh session from working. I don't know if that's
particular to this system or a  general fact of life about batch systems.

Question: How are you creating the tunnel in your batch script?