[Paraview] Crash using openmpi with more than 4 processes

Bart Janssens bart.janssens at rma.ac.be
Sat Feb 6 15:29:37 EST 2010

On Saturday 06 February 2010 05:05:50 pm burlen wrote:
> > Are you using the stock 7.5.1 source code of Mesa?
>
> Yes, I was but I recently updated to Mesa 7.7.
>
> > Could you also post the compiler flags and
> > configure options you use for mesa?
>
> There are two ways to build Mesa. The autotools way and the old way. By
> autotools way I mean "./configure && make && make install", and by old
> way I mean the canned configurations that come with mesa. I have always
> used the old way with success. Do a fresh untar of mesa cd in and type
> make. You'll see a list of available configurations. I have used both
> "linux" and "linux-x86-64" with success. You can take a look at the
> files with these names in the configs directory to see what flags are
> being used. To install you'll have to set the INSTALL_DIR variable in
> configs/default.

Ah, many thanks for this, got it working from the build dir by compiling mesa
7.7 with target linux-x86-64. I think in retrospect openmpi has nothing to do
with it, and this was probably a mesa issue all along, either due to a bug in
the versions I tried, or because I used the autotools build method.

Thanks to all who helped tracking this down!

Cheers,

--
Bart