[Paraview] Crash using openmpi with more than 4 processes

Bart Janssens bart.janssens at rma.ac.be
Sat Feb 6 04:24:44 EST 2010

On Saturday 06 February 2010 04:09:41 am you wrote:
> maybe I shouldn't have opened my mouth, mixing libraries doesn't
> necessarily explain the more than 4 procs thing... unless when you run
> with 4 procs they are being scheduled to the same node, and running with
> more causes another node to come into the mix.
>
> How are process being assigned to nodes?

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions, but unfortunately I haven't gotten to the point of
running on nodes yet. Everything runs on the head node, which uses custom mesa
and OSMesa RPMs built from the 7.6.1 Mesa source code installed to /usr.

Are you using the stock 7.5.1 source code of Mesa? I have only tried 6.5.1
(CentOS 5.4 flavor) and 7.6.1 so far. Could you also post the compiler flags and
configure options you use for mesa? Maybe if I mirror your settings, it will
work here as well.

Cheers,

--
Bart