[Paraview] Tensor visualisation using hedgehog vectors (glyphs)

Sven Buijssen sven.buijssen at tu-dortmund.de
Thu Feb 4 19:02:21 EST 2010

Jacob,

Have a look at http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/User_Created_Plugins and
download the Superquadric Tensor Glyph Filter. The zip file contains two
sample files with tensors (VTK legacy format). If you compile ParaView
from source, you'll be able to compile the plugin as well which allows
to visualise tensors using rectangular glyphs, ellipsoidal glyphs,
cylindrical glyphs and, as a generalisation, superquadric glyphs with
ParaView.

Sven