[Paraview] Maximum number of pieces, what does it mean?

Fred Fred stan1313 at hotmail.fr
Wed Feb 3 17:27:00 EST 2010

Hello,
First I am not running in parallel. I have just written a filter inherited from vtkPolyDataAlgorithm that generates 4 output ports.
I probably did not understand well, what I did is to add the  method:

int
vtkFlowCoordinates::RequestInformation(vtkInformation* vtkNotUsed(request), vtkInformationVector** vtkNotUsed(inputVector), vtkInformationVector* outputVector)
{
  outputVector->GetInformationObject(0)->Set(vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline::MAXIMUM_NUMBER_OF_PIECES(), -1);
  outputVector->GetInformationObject(1)->Set(vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline::MAXIMUM_NUMBER_OF_PIECES(), -1);
  outputVector->GetInformationObject(2)->Set(vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline::MAXIMUM_NUMBER_OF_PIECES(), -1);
  outputVector->GetInformationObject(3)->Set(vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline::MAXIMUM_NUMBER_OF_PIECES(), -1);
  return 1;
}

but I still get the same errors, even if the result is ok, ie all 4 ports contain polydata, so it is just annoying to get this popup widget with error each time I Apply again!

ERROR: In /usr/local/ParaView3/VTK/Filtering/vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline.cxx, line 806
vtkCompositeDataPipeline (0x2605d570): No maximum number of pieces has been set in the information for output port 1 on algorithm vtkFlowCoordinates(0x2605cc20).

ERROR: In /usr/local/ParaView3/VTK/Filtering/vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline.cxx, line 806
vtkCompositeDataPipeline (0x2605d570): No maximum number of pieces has been set in the information for output port 2 on algorithm vtkFlowCoordinates(0x2605cc20).

ERROR: In /usr/local/ParaView3/VTK/Filtering/vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline.cxx, line 806
vtkCompositeDataPipeline (0x2605d570): No maximum number of pieces has been set in the information for output port 3 on algorithm vtkFlowCoordinates(0x2605cc20).