[Paraview] The great update wait

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Wed Dec 15 11:36:28 EST 2010

Scott,

*         Edit/Settings/ RenderView /General/ unselect LOD Threshold.

*         Edit/Settings/ RenderView /General/ Change Lock Interactive Render to 0.

No, it didn't make any difference. I had already been through most of these options quite thoroughly and found no improvement. However, this morning I had to reboot my machine for a bunch of mandatory updates that windows decided I needed and now the problem has gone. The little countdown at the bottom left appears and the screen refreshes instantly as it used to do instead of waiting for ages. I can't explain what has changed, but as long as it carries on working. I'm happy.

Thanks anyway and Sorry for the false alarm.

JB