[Paraview] points selection

Sergei D. sj2001 at yandex.ru
Tue Dec 14 05:30:07 EST 2010

Hello!

How to select a points by my own ids, not vtkOriginalPointIds?
I have a time series vtk-files with unstructured grid. I need to selet a
points in some location and track its along time.
Number of selected points is about 1000 (so, it is a cloud). The problem
is that the points are added and removed during simulation, and their
vtkOriginalPointIdsat different times may be different. Results is that
a tracked points is not a original selected points. But I have a my
point ids in vtk-files as a data.  So, I can use Find Data with a query
"id is one from ...". But I need about 1000 points so it is hard to use
this way. In order to extract the point ids for the query I must: select
a points on some location, do ExtractSelection filter, export
ExtractSelection data from a table to a file, extract my ids from this
file, insert extracted ids to a query...
Is there a better way?
Thanks!

--

Best regards,