[Paraview] ParaViewWeb installation - partial success, no mouse interaction

Mario Rossi m.rossi40 at rocketmail.com
Sun Dec 5 12:46:34 EST 2010

Dear Utkarsh,
thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction although I didn't
gave many details.

As a side remark, if somebody else runs into similar problems, I guess you meant
PWService instead of PWAdmin (localhost:8080/PWAdmin does not

exist: 404 error).

The error log there gave errors like the following either for the PWShuttle or
PWSimple (error thrown when the view is rotated):

"X Error of failed request:  GLXBadContextTag
  Major opcode of failed request:  153 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
  Serial number of failed request:  1021
  Current serial number in output stream:  1021"

This reminded me of earlier problems that happened when I disabled 3D
acceleration. So I enabled 3D acceleration and ParaViewWeb runs without problems
:))
(I had disabled 3D because it caused problems with other applications. Do you
happen to have an explanation, why GLXBadContextTag occurs without 3D
acceleration?)

I am running Ubuntu Linux x86_64 with NVidia Geforce 210M.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Mario