[Paraview] Plugin Organization with Support Library + Exposed Methods in Plugin

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Dec 2 22:05:23 EST 2010

I'm not certain, but it sounds like a similar thing to what I had to do to
split the Manta plugin into VTK and ParaView level components. In the VTK
level directory, I wrap the library into client server language in
CMakeList.txt. Next, in order for the ParaView level code to actually
instantiate the wrapped things in the VTK level library I had to use client
server streams to call void vtkMantaCS_Initialize(vtkClientServerInterpreter
*arlu);

See:
 Plugins/Manta/VTK/CMakeList.txt
 Plugins/Manta/ParaView/vtkMantaClientServerViewProxy::BeginCreateVTKObjects()
 Plugins/Manta/ParaView/vtkServerSideFactory::EnableFactory()

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
28 Corporate Drive