[Paraview] ParaView fails to run under Windows7 + MSVC2008

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Tue Aug 24 09:03:47 EDT 2010

Just in case it's of any interest.

I have just installed windows 7 x64 on a fresh PC and also visual studio 2010. I couldn't find x64 binaries for Qt so I compiled Qt 4.7 beta from source (had a couple of errors which I managed to get around somehow), then compiled paraview git from a few days ago and I now have a working paraview. Seems to run fine.

I realize this doesn't help, but visual studio 2008 isn't any different - and Qt binaries for x64 builds are available from http://code.google.com/p/qt-msvc-installer/downloads/list which I used on XP x64 without problems.

JB