[Paraview] problem with OS X binary

Dan Lussier dan.lussier at sjc.ox.ac.uk
Sun Aug 15 17:41:09 EDT 2010

Hi Dave,

Ok - I gave everything another try today and I'm really not sure what
happened on Friday as now both the 32 bit and 64 bit binaries appear
to be working.

On Friday I was getting immediate and repeatable crashes from the 64
bit library.  Having now looked back into the console  (I hadn't done
that on Friday as I was brain dead on Friday afternoon) the potential
culprit appears to be multiple qt installations on my system.

I installed a generic qt library into /opt/local via the MacPorts
system for use with a few other pieces of software and it looks like
this was causing some conflicts with Paraview as I get repeated
messages that Paraview was unable to decide between libraries from the
qt installation in /opt/local and the one that came bundled with the
binary.

Does this explanation make sense?

Thanks again.