[Paraview] CoProcessing

Takuya OSHIMA oshima at eng.niigata-u.ac.jp
Wed Aug 4 09:40:30 EDT 2010

Hi Jacques,

I can share what I did with my own C++ simulation code. The caveats
are that I only did a quick test so far and that my code is
serial. But it's working. Take a look at the attached cxx file.

Initializations are in
  fdmCoProcessing(fdmTimeInfo *tInfo) and
  fdmCoProcessing::Parse(vtkXMLDataElement *coproc).
Replace source->GetCharacterData() in Parse() with the file name of
your Python script created by the ParaView coprocessing script
generator plugin.

Per-time step processings are in
  fdmCoProcessing::Exec().
Replace this->TimeInfo->GetGrid() with the output of your
adaptor. Perhaps this is where you have to elaborate.

Finalizations are in
  fdmCoProcessing::~fdmCoProcessing().

If your project is CMake-based, add
  FIND_PACKAGE(ParaView REQUIRED)
  INCLUDE(${PARAVIEW_USE_FILE})
to your CMakeLists.txt and vtkCoProcessor to your TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES.

If my example is not enough you can also take a look at
ParaView/CoProcessing/CoProcessor/Testing/TestDriver
but I'm afraid it might be a bit too overwhelming as a starting point.

Hope this helps,
Takuya

Takuya OSHIMA, Ph.D.
Faculty of Engineering, Niigata University
8050 Ikarashi-Ninocho, Nishi-ku, Niigata, 950-2181, JAPAN