[Paraview] Follow a moving object

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Tue Aug 3 16:23:31 EDT 2010

Here is a script that I wrote for Rick. Add it as a macro from the Python shell
for easy access. Essentially, this script sets up tracking for the active object
in the active view. Look at the source file for instructions on how to use it.
Note that the tracking is pretty basic: the camera moves with the center of
the spatial bounds of the object. It would be easy to change the code to do
fancier things. If you want to extract a block/cell/subset/whatever,
first extract
whatever you want tracked using the selection mechanism + extract selection
filter and add tracking for that.

-berk