[Paraview] Magic Crop Filter

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Tue Apr 20 12:26:22 EDT 2010

Hey Christian,

I'm definitely not an expert in this, but just so you know, there are some ways of getting information about your data set automatically to fill default values in the auto-generated GUI panels.

All of this is covered in Ch 18.6, Server Manager XML, in the ParaView Guide, and you can search through the XML files used in ParaView in [PVsrc]/Servers/ServerManager/Resources/filters.xml for things like BoundsDomain and ExtentsDomain for examples. There are also various "InformationHelper" types, too.

Talk to you later,
-Eric

Eric E Monson
Duke Visualization Technology Group