[Paraview] how to color particles

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Sep 28 14:44:39 EDT 2009

You should be able to color particles like you color any other type of data.  Simply choose the field to color by.

-Ken

On 9/28/09 12:29 PM, "Rafael Pacheco" <rpacheco at math.asu.edu> wrote:

Hello,

I have a set of particles that I can visualize using unstructured data and the gliph 'sphere', i.e. I have their position x,y,z. Is it possible to color the particles using a velocity field? The magnitude of the velocity (which I have on a structured grid) can be attached to the particle, for example, for any particle I can have the position and velocity, x,y,z,v

The questions are:(1) can I color the particles using their velocity, and (2) if the previous comment is true, what type of format should I use? I am currently using asci vtk legacy.

Thanks!
Rafael

   ****      Kenneth Moreland
    ***      Sandia National Laboratories