[Paraview] how to color particles

Rafael Pacheco rpacheco at math.asu.edu
Mon Sep 28 14:29:14 EDT 2009

Hello,

I have a set of particles that I can visualize using unstructured data and the gliph 'sphere', i.e. I have their position x,y,z. Is it possible to color the particles using a velocity field? The magnitude of the velocity (which I have on a structured grid) can be attached to the particle, for example, for any particle I can have the position and velocity, x,y,z,v

The questions are:(1) can I color the particles using their velocity, and (2) if the previous comment is true, what type of format should I use? I am currently using asci vtk legacy.

Thanks!
Rafael