[Paraview] writing vtk file

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Wed Sep 23 10:25:40 EDT 2009

Can your C++ subroutine:
1) create and instance of whichever subclass of vtkDataSet is most suitable
to your problem,
2) populate that dataset by making calls to the vtkDataSet API, and
3) create a vtkDataSetWriter, set it's input to be that dataset, set it's
filename, and call Write()?

If not then you need to manually populate the file yourself, making sure
that you conform to what the book says about the file format.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
28 Corporate Drive