[Paraview] writing vtk file

chukwudi chukwu chuckdii2002 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 23 10:08:54 EDT 2009

 I am running a simulation written in C++ and I need to write the output to a VTK file for visualization using Paraview. I have read the VTK manual for writing VTK format files but this does not solve my problem as my input data to the file will come from a imulation, not manually written as is demonstrated in the manual. What I wish to do is to write a subroutine in C++ that will create the VTK file and save the data in my preferred geometry/topology.
 I will appreciate if I you could refer me to materials and tutorials that
 will help me achieve this.