[Paraview] Pipeline suggestion

Renato Elias rnelias at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 09:10:58 EDT 2009

Folks,

I'm trying to integrate hydrodynamic forces on an immersed body. Point
velocity and pressure fields come from a FEM solver. Ok, for this purpose,
I'll need:

a). The body's surface
b). Stress tensor (computed as cell data)
c). Body cell normals

Here goes the pipeline I'm trying to use:

1. Load the volume data
2. Clean to grid (to remove parallel interfaces among mesh partitions)
3. Compute Derivatives (output tensor type = strain)
4. Extract Surface
5. Generate Surface Normals
6. Point Data to Cell data (to convert point pressure in cell pressure)
7. Clip (to get only the body where I'd like to compute the forces)
8. from 7: Calculator (sigxx = -pressure+2*mu*Strain_0)

repeate step 8 for other components

Questions are:

-- Does it make sense? I'm asking it because I have some doubts about the
output of some of the filters I'm using (mainly steps 3 and 5)

-- Is there a more straightforward way to do the same thing?

Thanks for any help

--
Renato N. Elias

Sent from Rio De Janeiro, RJ, Brazil