[Paraview] Animating legacy VTK file series

song zhen starnight1020 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 18:24:34 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,
I have been struggling in creating an animation for the whole day long. My
way to do that is first I made the file series directly from my own c code,
formatted in Legacy .VTK and named like 000.vtk, 001.vtk, 002.vtk ......,
then I tried to load all these files into Paraview so that I could possibly
make an animation, but it did not work out since Paraview only let me select
one file per time. I referred the online guide abt "animating legacy VTK
file series" (http://www.itk.org/Wiki/Animating_legacy_VTK_file_series). It
seems to me that I need certain "header" file like "blow..vtk" as shown in
this website. I have no idea how to get that kind of file from my own c
code. In a word, my problem is that each individual file could be visualized
in Paraview but I could not combine all of them into an animation. Could
anyone help me out? I am so frustrated now!!!

Thanks in advance!!
P.S. I am using Mac os 10.4.11, Paraview 3.6.1
cheers,
Song