[Paraview] Dual-headed output from a single GPU?

Paul Melis paul.melis at sara.nl
Thu Oct 15 05:37:44 EDT 2009

Paul Melis wrote:
> The first thing that's off is that although I get undecorated Paraview
> render areas on each panel display they don't fill the whole screen
> (only roughly 75% in both width and height).
I did some more testing using a different setup (3 displays, vertically
stacked). I noticed the following things:

* After connecting with the paraview GUI to the server all displays
render fullscreen. The axes are shown on the blue background in the
right position and I can move them around over the different displays
* When I add some element to the scene it depends on the type of element
what happens. For example, if I add a cone source all 3 displays change
size. I haven't measured exactly but the size they end up using seems to
be the same as *the size of the render area in the GUI*. Trying
different window sizes for the GUI (after restarting everything) shows a
pretty strong correlation between GUI render area size and display
render area size. If, after restarting everything, I add a mandelbrot
source to the scene the panel render areas size stays the same, i.e.
fullscreen.

Paul