[Paraview] modifying vtkInformation object to point to new vtkDataObject

Christine Corbett Moran corbett at physik.uzh.ch
Tue Oct 13 15:38:43 EDT 2009

Hi,

I want to modify a vtkInformation object (specifically one within a
vtkInformation vector) to point to a new data set.

The use case is I have a derived class for which, in its RequestData
method, I want to do some preprocessing on the input, then send the
preprocessed input to the superclass via the superclass' RequestData
method, then post process the output within the derived class. I don't
want to modify the original input so I work with an (in my use case
much smaller) subset of it, but the problem is then passing it on to
the superclass for processing.

Right now I do:
inputVector[0]->GetInformationObject(0)->Set(
  vtkDataObject::DATA_OBJECT(),newDataSet).
Before my call to the super's RequestData method, but the superclass
seems not to operate on the newDataSet, nor on the original data set,
so I think I'm inadvertently pummeling something, probably using the
wrong vtkInformationDataObjectKey. However I'm not sure how to divine
the correct one. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Christine