[Paraview] How to access XMLPUnstructuredGridReader from python?

Michael Lampe Michael.Lampe at gcsc.uni-frankfurt.de
Mon Oct 12 11:43:47 EDT 2009

Dear all,

I'm trying to use the following script to convert some files:

-----

from paraview.simple import *

for index in range(0,159):
     r = XMLPUnstructuredGridReader()   <<---
     w = DataSetWriter()
     w.Input = r
     w.FileType = 'Ascii'
     r.FileName = "elder.%04d.pvtu" % index
     w.FileName = "elder.%04d.vtk" % index
     w.UpdatePipeline()

-----

The same script works fine with 'XMLUnstructuredGridReader' (without the
'P'), but with 'XMLPUnstructuredGridReader' (including the 'P') I get:

NameError: name 'XMLPUnstructuredGridReader' is not defined

Using 'r = servermanager.sources.XMLPUnstructuredGridReader()'

AttributeError: 'PVModule' object has no attribute
'XMLPUnstructuredGridReader'

but 'dir(servermanager.sources)' lists 'XMLPUnstructuredGridReader'.

This is with paraview 3.6.1.

Any hint what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
   Michael