[Paraview] volume render

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Oct 1 11:56:50 EDT 2009

It can volume render unstructured grids (tets etc) and imagedata.

For imagedata, it uses fixed point ray casting.
For unstructured, you can choose between projected tetrahedra, HAVS, ZSweep,
or Bunyk ray casting.

These are a subset of the volume rendering options within the VTK library.
Others may be added in the future.

As for performance comparisons, I do not know.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
28 Corporate Drive