[Paraview] remote volume rendering is too slow

Sungwon Nam snam5 at uic.edu
Mon Nov 9 18:03:24 EST 2009

Hi,

I was testing remote rendering with paraview and experienced very slow
rendering with the dataset ironProtein.vtk (300K cell)
If I do volume rendering with the dataset on my macbook pro (intel core 2
duo, 4GB ram,  nvidia geforce 8600M GT) , it is fine (like 1 sec rendering
time).
But if I do remote volume rendering with the same dataset, it's too slow
(like 5 sec to finish rendering).
The machine ran pvserver has two dual core amd opteron, 4GB ram, GeForce
7900 GTX.
Client machine is same and they're connected back to back 1Gbps link.
Regardless of the remote rendering setting it is always slow.
I used ParaView-3.4.0 in 64bit machines.
Any idea?

Best,
Sungwon