[Paraview] Selected point size/location problems

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 08:21:24 EST 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 1:16 PM, David Doria <daviddoria at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is the procedure to generated the issue:
>
> 1) Add a cone source
> 2) Use select points on to select on of the points.
> (http://www.rpi.edu/~doriad/Paraview_List/Selection/setup.png)
> 3) zoom in to the point you selected. You will see that it is not actually
> on the corner where it should be
> (http://www.rpi.edu/~doriad/Paraview_List/Selection/surface.png). Why is
> this?
> 4) Change the cone's representation from 'surface' to 'points'. You will see
> that the two points do not coincide. (same problem as in #3)
> 5) Change the point size. You will see that the white point gets bigger, but
> the selected (pink)point is still very small
> (http://www.rpi.edu/~doriad/Paraview_List/Selection/pointsize.png). Is there
> a way to change this? Shouldn't it be changing the color of the actual point
> anyway instead of adding a new point?
>
> Any thoughts on this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

Another thing I forgot to mention - there seems to be significant
z-fighting happening between the selected (pink) point and the actual
(white) point. That is, when I interact with the object (for example
rotate), if I stop the interaction, about half of the time the point
will be pink and the other half it will be white. This causes
significant confusion because there is no way to know if the point is
actually selected. Is anyone else having this type of issue lately?

Thanks,

David