[Paraview] Cannot create Deformation field (vector image)

motes motes mort.motes at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 11:14:26 EST 2009

I have created a 2D deformation field from a 512*512 .png image using
ITK and the example file: BSplineWarping1.cxx. The deformation field
is stored in a .mhd file and a .raw file.

In paraview (3.6.1 for windows) I open the .mhd file. Next I choose
the calculator filter and type the following expression in the
expression field:

MetaImage_X*iHat+MetaImage_Y*jHat+0*kHat

where MetaImage_X and MetaImage_Y are selected from the Scalars menu.
Next I press apply.

Next I select a glyph filter when standing on the calculator. When I
press apply an empty 3D coordinate system appears without any
deformation vectors.

When I press the Information tab in the Glyph filter I can see that:

Data Arrays:

Name             Data Type      Data Ranges
MetaImage      float              [-inf, -1e+38], [-inf, -1e+38]
GlyphVector    float              [ 1e+38, -1e+38], [ 1e+38, -1e+38],
[ 1e+38, -1e+38]

Could this maybe have something to do with the lack of deformation vectors?

Or are paraview not compatible with deformation fields created with ITK?