[Paraview] ParaView3 64-bit on Mac OS X 10.6.1

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at me.com
Mon Nov 2 10:20:18 EST 2009

Hi,

On Nov 2, 2009, at 4:53 PM, Michael Wild wrote:

> My guess (from the size and the error messages) is that the script
> that should fix up the bundle can't find the Qt frameworks and
> doesn't copy them into your .app bundle.

Upon examining the paraview_OSX_MakeStandAloneBundle.sh script, I find
that all the Qt framework libraries are not copied into the app bundle.

Is there another environment variable I should potentially specify to
point to the Qt libraries, or do you have a modified script that will
copy all the Qt framework libs into the paraview app bundle?

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson

paraview_OSX_MakeStandAloneBundle.sh

#!/bin/sh

# InstallPrefix environment variable may be set by caller...
# If not, default to "$DESTDIR/Applications"
#
if [ "x$InstallPrefix" = "x" ]; then
   InstallPrefix="$DESTDIR/Applications"
   echo "info: Using default InstallPrefix value:"
   echo "      $InstallPrefix"
fi

ParaViewBinaryDir="/Users/elvis/Tool/ParaView/ParaView3-bin"
ParaViewExeName="paraview"
ParaView_App="/Users/elvis/Tool/ParaView/ParaView3-bin/bin/
$ParaViewExeName.app"

# Remove the previous app package so we start with a clean bundle
#
echo "Remove previous bundle"
rm -rf "$InstallPrefix/ParaView 3.7.0.app"

# Copy paraview.app from the build tree to the install tree:
#
echo "Copy paraview.app from the build tree to $InstallPrefix/"
mkdir -p "$InstallPrefix"
cp -Rp "$ParaView_App" "$InstallPrefix/"
mv "$InstallPrefix/paraview.app" "$InstallPrefix/ParaView 3.7.0.app"

# Now operate on the bundle in the install tree:
#
ParaView_App="$InstallPrefix/ParaView 3.7.0.app"

FrameworksDir="$ParaView_App/Contents/Frameworks"
LibrariesDir="$ParaView_App/Contents/Libraries"
PluginsDir="$ParaView_App/Contents/Plugins"
PythonDir="$ParaView_App/Contents/Python"
SupportDir="$ParaView_App/Contents/Support"

# Create directories in the install tree bundle
#
mkdir -p "$FrameworksDir"
mkdir -p "$LibrariesDir"
mkdir -p "$PluginsDir"
mkdir -p "$PythonDir"
mkdir -p "$SupportDir"

# Copy the documentation into the Support directory
#
echo "Copy Qt SQLite plugins for online documentation"
cp -Rp "/Developer/Applications/Qt-4.5/plugins/sqldrivers"
"$LibrariesDir/"

# Copy the python scripts into the Python directory
#
echo "Copy python scripts"
cp -Rp "${ParaViewBinaryDir}/Utilities/VTKPythonWrapping/paraview"
"$PythonDir/"

# Remove unneeded build-byproduct files that were copied by the
# above recursive directory copies:
#
rm -rf "$PythonDir/paraview/pv_compile_complete"