[Paraview] Select points and pass them to a plugin

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 09:24:05 EST 2009

I am trying to write a plugin as a Paraview interface to
vtkLandmarkTransform. The idea is to select three points in data set A and
three points in data set B and pass them to the plugin to perform the
computation.

1) Is the best way to do this to extract the points from the data set using
the Extract Selection filter first? This seems a little bit awkward for the
user.
2) Is there a way to select separate points in a single selection in
Paraview? I tried using "Select Points Through" and then holding CTRL and
doing it again but the selection is simply changed, not appended. As an
example, say I have a ring of points and I want to select 4 points, one at
the top, bottom, left, and right of the ring, but not the points between
them - how would I do this?

Thanks,

David