[Paraview] using netcdf in paraview

Carbonari, Katie (IS) Katie.Carbonari at ngc.com
Mon Mar 23 10:00:22 EDT 2009

Hi there. I'm trying to read netcdf data into paraview, but am having lots of issues. I was following these directions (from here: http://www.cscs.ch/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=96&Itemid=132):

Please build ParaView using the CMake advanced option PARAVIEW_EXTRA_EXTERNAL_MODULES set to CSCSNetCDF rerun configure and set PARAVIEW_USE_CSCSNetCDF to ON, then rerun configure and enter the name of the directory where the source has been extracted.
Build paraview and the netCDF reader should be embedded.
Building as a vtk module is supported, documentation will be provided as soon as possible. (Some changes have recently been made which may break the existing build, these will be fixed shortly).

But when we make Paraview, it's not finding a bunch of files (vtkMultiGroupDataInformation.h, vtkMultiGroupDataSet.h, vtkMultiGroupSetAlgorithm.h).

Any advice on how to make this work? Or maybe a better way to read in netcdf files?

Thanks,
Katie