[Paraview] Fwd: annotating in paraview?

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Fri Mar 6 12:08:34 EST 2009

I think the closest thing you can do is select the cell and then create some text annotation next to it.  To select the cell, click the toolbar button that has a green triangle in a dotted square with a mouse pointer (or hit the 's' key) and then click the cell in the 3D view.  To create some text, go to Sources -> Text, type the text you want in the object inspector, apply, then move the text where you want it to go.

If the text annotation you want happens to be a field variable on the cell, you can automatically label with that.  Turn on those labels with the selection inspector (View -> Selection Inspector).

-Ken