[Paraview] Default camera orbit radius

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 21:14:24 EDT 2009

Here is the demo procedure:
1) Create a default sphere source
2) Zoom wayyy out
3) In Animation View, change "sphere1" to "camera"
4) click the "+"

The default radius is 2.5.  When you click "play the animation", the sphere
takes up almost the entire window rather than being very small as it was
when we were zoomed out. Is there a way to make this orbit radius more
intuitive/in line with how the camera is set when the orbit is created?
There is really no way to know exactly which radius you want - it seems
natural to set the camera so the object is as big as you want it and then
say "orbit from this distance".

(I'm still whining, but the animation features are much easier than they
used to be!! Keep up the good work :) )

Thanks,

David